Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Scared" no longer does it justice

This just gets worse and worse.

Boyfriend 5 is now telling Wife that he "knows intuitively" that I am going to try to hurt or kill her, so she needs to start carrying a taser and a concealed knife to "protect" herself with.

This is insane. Throughout this whole sordid business all I have tried to do is protect her from predators. And the very suggestion that I could be planning to hurt her is preposterous. She's the one who has (at different times) trashed the kitchen, the bedroom, and our old apartment when her depression got out of control; she's the one who has waved kitchen knives at my balls after chopping her way through every onion in the house; she's the one with the arrest record for domestic violence, for God's sake! And I'm supposed to be the one that is going to threaten her ... badly enough that she needs to carry concealed weapons ... all because Boyfriend 5 has some kind of intuitive premonition? Excuse me??

It's not that I discount all talk of premonitions. Sometimes they can be uncannily accurate. I talked about one in my previous post earlier today. But this one is so grossly and obviously wrong, that it leaves only two possible explanations. Either Boyfriend 5 is psychotic, or he is consciously and deliberately trying to manipulate Wife into ... well, into something. I'm not sure what.

Could he be trying to persuade her to kill me, "in self-defense"? How would that benefit him? I suppose it would mean she no longer had any ties keeping her here, so she could take the kids and run away to be with him. It would also mean that she was a fugitive from justice, which would put her permanently under his control through threat of exposure. And it would mean that once she left the United States, she could never return for fear of being met at the airport by federal marshals. The forced deracination would disorient her all the more, and make her more helpless and dependent on him. This is all possible, but somehow it looks kind of far-fetched to me.

If he doesn't want her to kill me, then what could it be instead? I'm not sure I can think of anything. I mean, I could make something up, but I can't make any of it make any sense. So I really don't know what's in it for Boyfriend 5 (other than the sheer joy of causing trouble, I guess). But I am really getting more and more frightened.

Or maybe he's just psychotic. That might be a simpler explanation, actually.

No comments: