Saturday, July 25, 2009

The safe-deposit box

Very quickly ....

A few days ago, Son 1 mentioned that Wife had stopped by the bank to get into our safe deposit box. I was interested by this, so I decided to wait a couple of days and then check it out.

Today I checked it out, and there was absolutely nothing interesting in there ... only things that I knew had been there since we first rented it. But the log showed a long column of Wife's visits, every few months over the last couple of years, with the most recent one about a week ago. (That must be the visit that Son 1 mentioned.) What could this mean?

My theory -- and it is of necessity only a theory -- is that she was using this as a place to collect cash. If she pulled out more cash than she needed at regular intervals and then stopped by the bank when she had built up enough (say, $100 or so), she could have been building up a considerable supply.

Why take it out now? Again, there could be many reasons, if that is even what she is doing. But my guess is that this is her way of retaining an attorney untraceably. Maybe not, but it makes sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having known friends who have done similar things, I think you are right. I really hate to say that, but I do believe your assumption is spot on.

CW