Thursday, July 9, 2009

What is Wife trying to do?

OK, this one is short and sweet. It's a question.

Tonight after everyone else was in bed, I noticed in Wife's purse a lumpy sealed envelope. Under the circumstances, I figured that self-preservation trumps respect for privacy, so I opened it. It contained her birth certificate and her passport. I have mentioned that she already has her driver's license.

What does this add up to? In other words, what is the transaction for which she would need these particular pieces of paper? Is she going to the bank to get her other ATMs back? Or is it something a lot more dangerous? For that matter, why is she in such a blasted hurry to get those things back, when I have tried to say that the more she nags me about them, the more nervous I get and the longer I'll hide them? Is it just that she can't stand being out of control? Or is she planning to do me some kind of harm once she gets them?

Inquiring minds want to know ....

There was also a letter to Friend, but I didn't bother opening that. I can probably guess that it is about how awful I am, and about why she hasn't been around her cell phone lately. I hope it is nothing actually threatening.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Apollo Unchained said...

Good question. Maybe she wants to get a backup drivers license for use in case you take hers. Or maybe she's just planning to leave the country.

The whole business with hiding her cards and cell phone seems like it would be on shaky legal ground, and may put you at risk. Given how far things have developed recently you may want to consult a lawyer.