Thursday, September 13, 2012

And now for Wife's perspective ....

I know what she has been telling me ("You don't believe this but I still love you").  I know what Lawyer picked up from her ("She really wants to preserve the staus quo.")  But this evening, as in the past (from time to time), Wife was sloppy about not logging out of her e-mail.  So what is she telling her friends?

Well, a fair bit of it is about what a monster I am.  A typical paragraph starts off like this: "I took it as a body blow that Hosea chose to tell me he's divorcing me the day after Son 2 left, when I was still very much grieving over being an empty nester. I also think that he is telling me that he only wants what is best for me, but is not dealing at all fairly with me...."

But then, after the harangue, comes this little gem:

"[Anyway the upshot is he is planning to move out.] Honestly, that is a great relief to me. I can't help but be stressed by the uncertainty, but the sooner he leaves, the happier I'll be."

Glad to hear it.

Win-win.

No comments: