Sunday, September 16, 2012

"Like a nightmare"

Every conversation with Wife these days takes way longer than it needs to. I asked her today for some numbers on bills she had paid so that I could reimburse my share of them, and we must have talked for ... I don't know, three hours? ... before she collected them.  So many changes rung on "What's going to happen ...?" and "If you said this why did you do that ...?" and "It's totally not fair that ...."  I wanted to say, "The reason I did all those things is that I'm an asshole and you will be well rid of me."  Hell, might even be true ....

But she made one comment in that whole barrel-full that stuck with me.  Almost as a side-comment to something else, Wife said, ...

"This whole last week has been like that nightmare where something is chasing you and you can't move your feet."

For all her hostile talk in Lawyer's office, she may be petrified.  Lawyer did say she thinks Wife will try to maintain the status quo ....  Maybe it's not even on purpose, but just from not being able to make herself do anything else.

No comments: