Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Not so fast on relocation

I talked to my boss's boss the other day, about my boss's position which is coming open in Sticksville and for which I have applied. (I talk about it at length here.)

He doesn't think I'm right for it.

The person who fills this job will have to work with the Sticksville factory. For that, he wants someone who is more direct than I am, more straightforward, simpler. He says he sees me as "a very smart guy, very sophisticated" who needs to be put in a different kind of job ... presumably somewhere that I can be available as a resource but not smack in the line of fire.

He's probably right. You all certainly know that my knee-jerk answer to any question is always long and convoluted. I can achieve simplicity and directness, but I have to work damned hard at it. I'm certainly not mad.

Maybe I get to stay here in Beautiful City for a while longer. Maybe he'll move me somewhere else.  I guess I'll see.

Just keeping you posted.

No comments: