Monday, July 14, 2008

Have I mentioned that the new boyfriend scares me?

I know this is getting old: I've whined about it here and here and even here. But the sense of foreboding won't go away.

Wife happened to mention in an IM this morning that Boyfriend 5 is going to have his electricity shut off unless he can get something squared away with the bank, and without electricity he'll die. Plus without electricity he won't be able to IM with Wife all day. The electric bill is "only" $84.00 but once they shut off the power it will stay off for a month because the country he lives in does things that way, and besides at that point the bill will double. And he usually would hit up this other friend for money, but that friend is out of town, and, well, ....

Wife was all set to pay this bill with one of our credit cards. I think I stalled her. But every reason I can give her for being suspicious of this story -- and I hope you can think of a dozen without spending more than a minute at it -- just convinces her more and more that I am a mean and oppressive brute without an ounce of conscience.

What do I do now?

No comments: