Thursday, March 21, 2019

Dreaming of Inga

[To be clear, I am writing and posting this in late June, 2020. I was looking through some old notes of mine, found this -- with its date -- and wondered why I'd never posted it here. So here goes.]

It was a few months ago that I got back in touch with Inga, and last night I dreamt that I was visiting her and we were interacting in the casual way of lovers. In fact when I thought about it (in the dream) I had very clear memories of visiting her not long after getting back in touch, and of our ending up in bed together. [This absolutely never happened in real life!] The memory was so clear that as I drifted back and forth between sleeping and waking I had a lot of trouble being sure what was really true.

And when I finally did remember the reality, I was disappointed. Not so much missing the sex itself, but the warmth and closeness and joy.
  

1 comment:

Sheila Jackson said...

No one wants to believe their partner is lying to them. But is that truly the case? The statistics on infidelity are shocking. According to research, one in every two marriages will have a partner who cheats. In fact, there are over 20 million adulterers in the U.S alone!