Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wife wants her gun back

I know, I know.  You're shocked.  Shocked.

I got an e-mail from Wife this evening in which she listed a bunch of things she didn't like about my asset proposal.  I guess she finally got around to reading it.  She didn't make any proposals for what she'd like to see instead, and I asked her to do so.

Then half an hour later she sent me a long e-mail asking for her gun back ... yet again.  She repeated – again – that she poses no threat to me.  (But then why does she want it? She says she lives in a "dangerous neighborhood" but – Christ! – it's not that god-damned dangerous.)  And then, as if this would end her e-mail with a triumphant flourish, she said that if I wouldn't return her gun then I could jolly well allocate her another $300 in assets to cover what she paid for it years ago.

We're debating how to slice up $500,000 and she's making a production out of $300?  Whatever ....

It's Wednesday evening and I haven't posted anything yet (though at lunchtime I got a few paragraphs into another essay for the Patio) ... so I was thinking of sending you her entire letter.  But you probably don't want to read it all.  I've summarized it all here.  And I've explained in earlier posts why I think that – of all people – Wife is not stable enough for me to want to trust her with firearms.  No need to go over it again.

Oh well.  One day it will all be over.

No comments: