Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hosea's biopsy, 2

Another post that's kind of out of the mainstream of topics here, but just as a follow-up. You may remember about seven months ago, I had a biopsy of a lump in my neck that I discussed in this post here. Well, the doctor asked me to come back and see him in a while, and on Tuesday I did.

He poked and prodded a little more, asked me some of the same questions he asked last time, and then declared himself satisfied. He told me that he believes it is a lipoma, and completely benign; also that they can be removed, but there is usually no medical reason to do so as long as it's not bothering me ... which it isn't. His last words were that if something changes, I should call him. But his office won't call me in for any more check-ups unless I tell them that something has changed.

Minor news, but nice to know.

No comments: