Thursday, October 7, 2010

Not this shit again! part 4

Not long after I wrote to my lawyer (I was in a meeting so I'm not quite sure when it was), she wrote back to me as follows:

I read your email and the letter which Friend addressed to Son 1 and Son 2. I am appalled!! Son 1 and Son 2 should not be involved in this situation in any way. I know that you agree because you have held off proceeding with the divorce for the sake of maintaining the status quo for Son 1 and Son 2. After reading your email setting forth Wife's history (which we discussed in depth when you retained me) and realizing that Friend sent a letter to Son 1 and Son 2, I wonder how are you maintaining the status quo. Or if this is the status quo, is this healthy for your sons?

It is good that Son 1 is attending boarding school and that Son 2 will be doing so in the future because at this time this provides some emotional protection for them.

I understand that your biggest concern in proceeding with the divorce is the custody of Son 1 and Son 2. You stated in your email that you thought it would be simpler and easier on the boys "if we could keep a stable status quo." Based upon what I read in your email and the fact that Friend felt he could send a letter to Son 1 and Son 2, once again, I ask are you maintaining a stable status quo for your sons?

With respect to advising you how to proceed, it is difficult to express more to you in writing. I believe that we need to have a telephone conference or meet again if you can arrange to do so.

Please let me know when you would like to talk.... I look forward to speaking with you.


We set up a time to talk. I'll keep you posted from here ....

1 comment:

janeway said...

I urge you to stay on top of this. Really strongly urge you.