Friday, October 1, 2010

Distracted, 2

This is my life these days. It took me a shockingly-short time to write this one -- I think I started it yesterday afternoon. I just now mailed it to D.

It follows nicely from this post a year ago, if anybody is keeping track.

I really ought to focus on my work.
It’s not like I am short of things to do!
My urgent Quadrant-Ones I dare not shirk;
But all that occupies my mind is you.

I’ve projects that have sat now for a week,
Objective-setting that lags far behind,
Assessments still to write. The outlook’s bleak
So long as you’re encamped inside my mind.

For every line I read or speech I make
Reminds me of your books, our talk so dear.
With every bite I eat, or breath I take,
I taste your kiss and feel your heartbeat near.

I drive to work and sleepwalk through the day,
Bewildered – for you’ve stol’n my soul away.

No comments: